Do you want it faster or slower?
With more certainty or less?
If you answered Yes Faster More, you did it exactly like every champion would.
What is the one thing common to all winners, all champions, regardless of what they are the champions of? They all have someone in their corner. All winners have a coach.
1. Because nobody wins alone.
2. Because the winner gets the girl, or gold... (or both)
O don't laugh at it. And don't tell me you are not a champion; it was you that won that upstream swim in a very hostile environment and got the girl. And same like Talmud says, "Behind every blade of grass is an angel whispering "Grow. Grow", I think you were whispered, "go, go." And that's why throughout life, especially when we reach the roadblocks, we must consider having a coach in our corner.
As you can sense already, I propose today that you accept the idea to hire a professional personal coach. For any area of your life that is not where you want it to be. Health, weight, wealth, career, relationship, intimacy, hormones or anything else you want to improve... you name it and you can likely find a coach to help you go further faster than you would alone and with more certainty of getting it done.
Not only have sports teams and athletes known that for ages, but also all successful people and corporations are using coaching as their ace strategy to get results, to win.
Is there anything you know you should do and you are still not doing it even if not doing it is bad for you? Why?
· we are humans,
· our behavior is 90% run by sub-consciousness and
· most of the conditioning in there is not there by our conscious choice.
(To quickly illustrate this - If you imagine an iceberg, you know that the part under the surface is massive and the part above the surface is much smaller - it's an excellent representation of our consciousness as above the surface, sub-consciousness and unconsciousness below the surface.
Which part do you think sunk the Titanic?
Bigger and more dangerous submerged part is built upon and relies on beliefs deposited there, and is the major driver of our decision-making and our day-to-day behavior.)
Back to corporations training with coaches, we may immediately think sales coaching even though most successful ones employ it on all levels in order to win.
PricewaterhouseCoopers independently conducted corporate client study* shows that professional coaching basically helps to
· maximize potential
· unlock latent sources of productivity
· generate learning and clarity for forward action with a commitment to measurable outcomes.
Nice big words and one can think it's for corporates only. No, it's not. Personal coaching is guidance support that more and more people find takes them further on the path they choose, faster than doing it alone and with more certainty of getting things done, taking necessary actions to reach the target.
How do those corporate findings translate to personal coaching? Why should you hire a coach and hire one now? What will a good one do for you?
First and foremost, your personal coach will (at least should if good)
1. INVENTORY or assess what are your
· primary drivers defining your strengths, weaknesses, and modus operandi
· limiting beliefs you may not even be aware of
· and of course the goals you want to achieve
2. INVESTIGATE or question your limitations by
· holding higher vision of yourself than you can even think is possible
· guiding you to explore that higher vision and strategize the way there
· set measurable points along the way so your progress can be tracked
3. INSPIRE or provoke and hold you accountable for your
· actions leading to
· new habits and
· new results.
What does that mean? It means your coach will see your true potential, hold the higher vision for you to pull you forward with and with right questions make you tap into your true potential and if and when needed, to push you over the edge to use it (I don't want to say "kick your ass into action").
Back in 2012 when I enrolled in my natural health PhD program (Naturorthopathic Doctor), for seven months I could not make my self do anything to start working on it. Seemingly very valid excuse after excuse was sabotaging my mind and actions. Deciding that I will not let it drag on forever, I hired a coach and with her help and support was able to go through all requirements and graduate a whole year earlier than the program is designed for.
On the other side, the young college graduate was deeply in such a state of confusion, disappointment and lost when trying to find out what next step to take when we started working together. Within less than three months she not only clarified the vision for her future, she applied and was accepted into postgraduate school of her choice. (testimonial here)
Another client could not see him self ever loosing extra weight, so was at loss as what will work for him. Our coaching helped him to clarify what steps he will find most helpful, he did it and now is not only releasing extra weight at a fantastic pace but also building new way of living to support his new life.
Those are very few and basic examples of what coaching can do. My coaching practice would not exist without the coaching I myself had in the past and continue to enjoy in my growth.
Even though some people think it's something unattainable, unnecessary and downright stupid to pay for, this billion dollar a year industry is proving to be the solution for numerous champions in all areas of life and on all levels of achievement, private and corporate.
To clarify it further, let's quickly address some misconceptions about coaching:
· "Coaching is a therapy" - Even though coaching does use practical psychology tools to unlock your hidden potential, coaching is not a therapy and should not be confused with or considered as such.
· "Coach will tell you what to do" - Not really. A great coach will have you tap into your own potential and come up with a solution that works best for you, one you possibly never thought of earlier and will find the way to motivate you to use that potential to achieve what you set to achieve.
· "It's not worthy to hire a coach, coaching is expensive" - Let me ask you how many things you know you should be doing and still not doing it? Can you really put a price on achieving what will make you happiest? What will make you finally dust off that long time dream and make it happen? Can you put a price on turning a suicidal teen around? Or mending seemingly devastated relationship with self or others? Or on lifting up depression and anxiety that makes it possible for mom to fully enjoy her kids and family again?
You can't. Like with everything worth being, having or doing, you have to invest yourself, invest your time, energy and money to get where you want to be.
With professional personal coach in your corner, you can get further faster with much more certainty of getting it done.
P.S. Whatever you would like to improve, there is a way hidden in you. Let me help you unlock it. You can always find me at http://www.LeapIntoResults.com
P.P.S Copying and/or reprinting any part of this post or website is granted if the proper credit is given in full and linked back to this website and the author.